Visit www.esv.org to learn about the ESV Bible

Logos Bible Software

Powered by Blogger

Ignite Church Planting Ministries

Standing Against The Ecumenical Monoculture

Standing Against The Ecumenical Monoculture

Standing Against The Ecumenical Monoculture

Standing Against The Ecumenical Monoculture

God moves in a mysterious way, His wonders to perform; He plants his footsteps in the sea, And rides upon the storm.

Deep in unfathomable mines Of never failing skill He treasures up his bright designs, And works his sovereign will.

Ye fearful saints fresh courage take, The clouds ye so much dread Are big with mercy, and shall break In blessings on your head.

Judge not the LORD by feeble sense, But trust him for his grace; Behind a frowning providence, He hides a smiling face.

His purposes will ripen fast, Unfolding every hour; The bud may have a bitter taste, But sweet will be the flow’r.

Blind unbelief is sure to err, And scan his work in vain; GOD is his own interpreter, And he will make it plain.

--William Cowper

Thursday, July 27, 2006

 

What do you think?

Amazingly, enough I do not have very much to say which is why I want to hear from you. School and work have been keeping me very busy lately and I have not been able to spend as much time reading books and keeping up with world news, as I would like. Because of this, I have decided to ask your opinion on a couple of issues. I will likely not comment on this post, as I want to hear your opinions.

First, are any topics you would like to read a post on?

Second, if I were to do a F.A.Q. what kind of things would you like to see on it?

Third, where do you see the modern church failing? What is going wrong and what are the Biblical solutions to these problems? I do not want this to become a church bashing fest, however, I think there are real concerns and problems to be addressed.

Fourth, where do you see the modern church succeeding?

6 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

what is dispensationalism?

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahehhehehehehee. I'm cracking up at justin's request. heheheheheheheheheheheheheheeeeee. what a funny guy!

5:50 PM  
Blogger JTapp said...

I'd like a discussion on the perpescuity of Scripture in light of sealed Biblical prophecy. :^)

What is the "modern church?" American modern church?

I've seen some modern churches adopt a radical Biblically-based model of doing church like the book of Acts. There's a church here in town doing rapid worldwide reproduction, and discipling people heavily.
I see the current worldwide Church rapidly expanding and reaching out to every tribe, tongue, and nation. It's succeeding in that because the gates of hell can't overcome it.

I see the "modern" American Church succeeding in its overall freedom of expression and diversity. So many of our truly Biblically sound churches look very different from one another. I think that's a healthy thing.

(Many would probably see that as a "failure" though).

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sok you crack me up.

Tap,
"I'd like a discussion on the perpescuity of Scripture in light of sealed Biblical prophecy."

Does sealed Biblical prophecy affect Scriptures perpescuity? I honestly have no idea what you are asking could you explain your question. Sorry :)

"Modern Church" bad terminology my bad, I was just meaning the church in America now.

I think diversity is huge, I don't think Scripture paints a picture of Christians being a homogeneous group. That is the marvel of it; that individuals from completely different backgrounds can be unified in advancing the kingdom of Christ. I think part of this homogeneous church concept is nothing more than Americanization and that is tragic.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Nick C. said...

What I'm starting to see more of here in KY is the lack of desire for theology. No one wants to talk about it anymore. There have been new churches started here that have no discipleship into wo God is and why he does things the way he does.

Why is the church starting to preach the love of God without his wrath?

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nick, I will do a response post on that subject sometime soon. Thanks for your comments.

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home